2013 Surfski World Championship Selection Criteria - Team USA
USA Canoe/Kayak may send unlimited entries to the 2013 ICF Surfski Championships in Portugal.
Only 2 per class are qualified into the "pole position" starting locations.
1. All participants must be current USA Canoe/Kayak (USA C/K) members, in good standing (required by the International Canoe Federation).
2. All participants must have completed one of the following events, finishing in a time that is within 30% of the top US male surf ski for men and finished withing 45% of the top male surf ski for women:
If more than 2 per category want to enter, then the top 2 will be ranked based on finishes in the events above (priority given to A, then B event, etc.).
- 2012 US Surfski Championships in San Francisco
- 2012 Molokai Championship
- 2012 Blackburn Challenge
- 2011 US Surfski Championships
- 2011 Molokai
- 2011 Chicago Shoreline Marathon (2012 event was canceled)
3. Participants must apply by May 31, 2013. USA Canoe/Kayak will post all participants who are qualified/ranked by June 7, 2013.
4. Entries are due here, by July 1, 2013. Please note that the US team is self funded - all expenses (including entry fees) must be paid by the participants.
Interested athletes should contact Greg Barton via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.